Friday, September 2, 2011

A Quest



I love a challenge and when I’ve been given a project I jump in with both feet hearing bugles as I go forward. I can also find my own projects because I loathe chaos and have this overwhelming need to find a solution. I’m an expert at solving other people’s problems and am baffled when they don’t take my advice.


You can probably see where this is going, right? It’s Friday, the start of the Starting Over month and last night was a severe disappointment in my Motivational Talk Mode. That’s right, I was still sitting on the coach at 7 p.m. from whence I lay in a hot tub for 20 minutes, got out, put on my robe and then talked to my mother for an hour. Somewhere between 5:20 and 9:00 I was supposed to run on my treadmill but that did not happen. Did it even cross my mind? No. I did accomplish two things, my search for documents for 2 different institutions. Found, put in my carryall and ready to send out this morning. Whoopdee do.


This is where the “quest” comes in. I am in search of the ultimate motivational tool. When I read about Other People who die of heart attacks and other fatal diseases simply because They were not paying attention I can do the great tsk, tsk routine. For some reason I never see the fingers pointing back at me. Alright, that isn’t true, I am not a stupid person and naturally I recognize my shortcomings. I have all the energy in the world in the morning, after all I am A Morning Person in the ultimate sense of the word. By 2 p.m. I am fading in the energy department. I’ve heard that eating an apple at that time is supposed to boost your metabolism back up so why do I not eat an apple? Because I am too lazy to actually chew? I don’t even have the energy to slice an apple?


As a morning person the ideal would be for me to get in my exercise before I head off to work but that means sweating like a stuck pig and it takes several hours to dry my sweat soaked hair. I just don’t want to go to work looking like a dripping red tomato. That doesn’t do anything for my self esteem. I need to find a rocket to get me off that sofa at 6 p.m. Better yet, I need to not sit down in the first place! I need to break myself, break myself of this 25 year old habit of eating dinner in front of the television set watching pap. If anyone out there has the solution, I am all ears. (and eyes). J


No comments:

Post a Comment