Sunday, July 29, 2012

Sunny Days


I woke up from a frightful nightmare and then I was reading my book on Nazi Germany with my morning coffee so I was a little anxious as I headed out for my walk this morning.  But the green crops, soft blue sky and the red farmhouse in the distance soon set me to rights.  As I walked along I began to de-stress, enjoying the crackling noise of the red winged blackbird as they tried to deter me from my path.  As I walked I looked at the happy hunting grounds, also known as the Catholic cemetery and thought about other graveyards I’ve visited over the years.  I thought about the red and white crispness of the cemetery at Læso and then I wandered into other matters.

          As often as we are told that I walk is good for a person, how often do we actually take that advice when we find ourselves stressed about something which we don’t have any control over anyway?  Less often than we should, would be my guess.  At bedtime last night I found myself irritated by something that I knew I could not control but instead of going out for a nice long walk before hitting the sack I lay there and tossed and turned for several hours before falling into a sleep that sent me into nightmareville. 

          Let that be a lesson to you, take the walk.  You’ll wake up refreshed and not so cranky!

No comments:

Post a Comment