Sunday, January 19, 2014

A Sunny Life


I stumbled upon a book yesterday “How to Train your Brain to Be Happy” and thought “why not”?  Happily reading it this morning and so delighted to know that one can definitely retrain our thinking to move in a more positive direction.  Even if one is an optimist and is happy, there is never “too much happiness”.
Key, according to this book, is meditation.  Meditation is starting to become as big of a bugaboo to me as Goal Setting.  For some reason I cannot seem to settle down to actually study the art and then make a conscious effort to practice “mindful meditation”.  It seems to be one of those things that I will do “someday” even though I know that someday should be now.  If one is thinking  about a certain thing, if it is something that continues to hover over your shoulder, it’s time to recognize procrastination and get down to it.
So here goes, today I am going to study up on this vital part of a well rounded, happy person’s life and settle down to practice.
So what’s up with you today?

No comments:

Post a Comment