Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Warming Up and Reviewing Past Goals


I was reviewing last year’s blog in January and not to anyone’s surprise discovered enthusiasm for a number of things and observations on life and myself (qu’elle surpris).  Recently I read a suggestion to throw a slip of paper in a jar with a great day or event, whenever it might happen, to be opened up on New Year’s Eve and thus reveal what a great year 2014 was.  I’m not sure if that is what I want to do but figuratively at least it’s a nice idea.

I started out this week with the idea of “marching into my future” and creating something memorable each day.  It didn’t need to be a huge thing but something that meant I was not sitting in front of the television set.  So here I am sitting in front of the computer trying to write something sensible for my blog.  Placed books on the nightstand, put on the workout uniform so that I can do my new squats as recommended by the therapist and all the while wondering “is this enough”?

Perhaps it’s just a tiny step in the direction that I want to go towards, being active and nimble in mind and body.  The mistake we often make is trying to take on more than what is really possible so in a way, we are set for failure before we even begin.  Reflecting over the last few years I see a pattern of recognizing that big chunks don’t work and I give myself another Wow moment in that I have accomplished more than I at first realized.

It’s very easy to look at all the dismal stories and feel discouraged; it’s not so easy to look at yourself and appreciate that despite failures there actually are successes along this road of Life.  Having said that, I don’t want to let myself off easy because I do think that there is a lot more that needs doing, and I can be part of that.

I’m just warming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment