Saturday, January 25, 2014

January Evaluation

We are approaching the end of January and I just feel the need to do an evaluation.  I have been reading a book on training the brain to move along a different path, a more positive one, and as I do the evaluation for the month I am planning on not being so hard on myself.  Most of us prepare resolutions or goals at the beginning of the year and by the end of the month we are depressed because we have failed.  Someone made a suggestion to me a while ago to put a slip of paper in a jar each day with something great that happened, big or small, it doesn’t really matter because at the end of the year you can relive those happy moments with satisfaction.  Now, practicing meditation even in small doses, looking back on my month, I feel pleased with myself.  Nothing huge happened, but I am being gentle with myself.
So here are some things that I know for sure. 
·         Reading daily positive messages works
·         Writing a daily gratitude journal works
·         Setting goals rather than resolutions work
·         Simple exercise works
·         Being kind to yourself is the best medicine
Things that need fixing
·         Less television
·         Less time suckage (like solitaire or puzzles on the computer)
·         Less not believing in myself
All in all, January has been a good month.  I hope you will be gentle on yourself, daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment