Monday, April 9, 2012

Decisions, decisions

I’ve spent most of the weekend cleaning the house and yard and yet it looks like I never even bothered.  It’s discouraging.
      While I’ve been sitting here eating my breakfast and wondering what on earth to write about this morning I was startled to hear some kind of grinding noise.  It sounded like a fan refusing to turn over but I have wandered around the house listening for the sound and cannot discover what it is.  I nervously hope it is not the furnace about to blow up.  Ka-ching.
      I was tossing and trying not to turn for quite some time before the alarm rang this morning.  I’m still suffering from Shopping Shoulder Syndrome (or something) with the added complication of grinding teeth.  That’s from avoiding unpleasantness and then thinking about it in my dreams.  So as I lay there this morning hoping it was still midnight I thought about giving up my parking in downtown Calgary.  The strain of rush hour traffic is too much for me.  Not to mention the pressure on the budget.  Isn’t it amazing that with some 400 people in the company there isn’t one person who (apparently) comes in from the south end?
      The truth is people prefer their own independence and are unwilling to flex their hours or lose control of their own personal time.  Lest you start pointing fingers, no, I am not one of them.  I’ve been willing to change my hours to accommodate others but to no avail.  So it’s time to consider giving up the parking.  Once it’s done I probably won’t have an opportunity to get it back so it’s a serious decision.  But having suffered my first accident in 40 years only weeks after starting the full drive my confidence is shattered as well as my calm.  I think I’ve pretty much made up my mind.  It’s got to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment