Wednesday, April 4, 2012

It's Coming Around the Corner

I had a very odd dream last night but even in the dream I forgot what I was going to say.  Now that is very disconcerting!  Do you find yourself half way through a sentence and then forget what you wanted to say?  My most memorable blank moment (now there’s an oxymoron for you) came when I was doing a question and answer period during a political campaign.  It was about half way through the campaign and I got a question that I had answered a dozen times before and suddenly my mind went blank.  I couldn’t for the life of me remember what I wanted to say and I ended up having to confess it.  Talk about embarrassing.  And that was when I was just turned 40 so there was no question about peri-menopause forgetfulness. 
       If you have read “Still Alice” you will understand how scary it can be when you start to see yourself forgetting more and more often.  Is it early onset Alzheimer’s, you ask yourself.  Is it the beginning of the end for you.
       Thankfully while at work I am still completely on the ball, it’s when I am at home that I find myself asking more often “now where did I put that?” and not remembering it right away.  The old trick of walking back to my starting point is failing me more often these days.  And when I say to myself “it will come to me in a minute” I find that minute never arrives.
       But the good news, I hope, is that I attribute this forgetfulness in simply having too much on the mind.  I don’t think we give ourselves credit for just how much we are carrying around with in our daily lives.  I know I’ve talked about this before but when you think about all the things you do in a day, worry about in a day and juggle in a day, give yourself a little break when it comes to being forgetful.  And for heavens’ sake, start exercising so you get that oxygen flowing in your veins and bringing life back into your body. 
       That’s my thought for the day.  I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment