Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Suitcases, Suitcases . . . What to Pack?


Every trip I decide “next time I will travel lighter” and when the next time arrives I still worry in case I need to have a fancy dress, high heels, and all the time I know in my heart I am going to wear jeans the whole trip!  This time is different, one suitcase, half filled.  That’s the goal.  No shopping.  then Mother offered me her much larger suitcase and because it seemed empty . . . I filled it up some more!

       Ah, the best laid plans . . . but truly, I plan on being a sight seeing fool.     
 
       And at night I fall into a restless sleep that finds me fighting the seas and I wake up thinking “but I am flying, not sailing”.  My subconscious is fearful of being out in the middle of the Pacific Ocean.  Perhaps this is the reason why I am so reluctant to take a cruise, I am just not comfortable being on an island, away from the mainland.  I might come from a seafaring nation but this girl has been inland as on the prairies for the better part of her life and somehow the idea of being on an island for 10 days is a little nerve rattling.

       My father’s daughter is borrowing trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment