Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Steady She Goes

We are in the last week of January but it seems like we have already been slugging away at this year 2012.  It is so easy to complain and yet we have been so lucky in having such a good winter to date with only one week of brutally cold temperatures.  Now we just have one more month and often times March can bring in spring like temperatures.  I like to listen to the weather when they also include the sunrise and sunset times.  We are at the point of gaining about 3 minutes per day now and soon it will be 5:30 before sunset, and then we have to set our clocks ahead again.  Oh for that extra hour of sunshine in the evening.  It must seems like I start to get my life back again.
So what shall I do with that extra hour of sunshine?  Weather permitting a country walk seems like a good idea right now.  Getting off that couch is the biggest task in the world during the winter time!  However exercise isn’t really the reason why I want to see the sun, it is simply because I WANT TO SEE THE SUN!  The building I work in is Green which means, among other things, that the windows are all tinted so that even on the sunniest day the sky still looks grey.  It is very demoralizing and therefore seeing clear blue skies from my own windows is so heartening.
Do you find yourself being more cheerful on a sunny day?  Does your heart lighten as the snow disappears and the grass begins to green?  Does the sound of the geese flying overhead tell you spring is on the way and how does that make you feel?  Yes I speak prematurely and doing so has probably jinxed us to another bout of blizzards and misery but I can’t take it back (well I could but I won’t).  Thinking about spring is like thinking about winning the lottery, ten pounds lift off my chest!  I still think about the morning I dwelt so long on the idea of winning the latest lottery that I drove right past my turn – that was a good amount of musing and I’ve more than chuckled my money’s worth!
Steady she goes, time marches onward and leads us into the warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment