Saturday, October 29, 2011

Canmore Retreat

A woman owes it to herself to take a retreat from every day life at least once a year.  If you cannot afford a full out retreat away from home it is important to give yourself a timeout even if that means taking over the bathroom for an hour and shutting the family out.  

Women are the nurturers of the world and 99% of women forget to nurture themselves!  Isn't that an amazing statistics?  I just made it up.  But you can be sure that I am right on the money.

My mother gave herself a timeout during the summertime when we were children though she wold never have called it that.  She used to lock us out of the house when we went out to play and then she would get her major housework done,such as waxing the floors and washing the windows.  Once that was done I suspect she watched her soaps in peace and quiet, had a nice coffee midafternoon and perhaps closed her eyes for half an hour.  That is about as much meditation as a woman in the '60's ever got.

Today women are taking better care of themselves that is certainly true but unless you count exotic holidays they are not taking a retreat.  I have a friend who goes on an artists' retreat once or twice a year.I envied her the luxury hardly daring to think of such a thing myself.  Then out of my amazing NYC fashionista trip I discovered a treasurer amongst the group.  a writing coach of no mean abilities!

Karen has me delving deep into my past and pulling out some of the stuff I had been avoiding writing about in my "book".  Last night I got so much accomplished that I could breath a sigh of relief at the end of our session and go and enjoy wine in the hottub under the mountains.  It was a great day.

And let's just say "what happens in Canmore, stays in Canmore".

No comments:

Post a Comment