Friday, October 14, 2011

Friday's Random Thoughts

A few things going on in my mind this morning.  What do people think about Prime Minister Harper’s government’s move to legislate Air Canada stewardesses back to work, after first blocking their right to vote by asking Canadian Industrial Relations Board whether their strike could affect Canadians “health and safety”? Are you serious?
What is happening with the Occupy Wallstreet demonstrations in Canada?  Are you aware there is going to be a walk in Calgary on Saturday?  I didn’t think so.  I haven’t heard anything on my radio station about it.
Does it bother you when news is apparently suppressed?  Occasionally you may hear an interesting blip about something and then the story seems to die.  Unless you get on the internet and search you aren’t going to hear any more about it.
Did you know Shania Twain has the most scientifically perfect body? 
The things you discover on MSN’s front page!
So what am I really up to these days?  As part of my fall cleanout I am now cleaning out my body and my brain.  I have started an extreme diet (don’t worry I plan to monitor) and I have started assessing my writing work.  Both are scary.  The pleasures of autumn are now morphing into the work of fall.  See how the poetry turns to prose?  From pretty words it gets blunt.  “Work of fall”, hmmm, nothing very charming about that.  However this is how school worked as well.  We went from the nervous thrill and excitement of starting the fall semester to starting on the grunt work.  Roll up the sleeves and get working on those papers, reading those dry science books and longing for the Christmas break.
Life is a roller coaster ride of fun and scares; work and vacation; a sense of achievement and a bout of despair.  Real people know that it cannot be a constant high to live life to the fullest.  There are battles to be waged, there is routine work that needs to get done.  We get exposed to a lot of glamour in the world via various media outlets but for 99% of the world the best we can do is juggle that work/life balance and eventually make it a 40/60 mix with our life side winning out! 
I’m on it, baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment