Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Something New


Oh dear, I started a piece on politics and then a second piece on poetry and still I felt dissatisfied with my morning discourse so here it is, 4:45 with nothing marvellous to write about!  Poetry and politics are not something to start the morning off!
            Well maybe poetry but as I am not an expert in that area let’s just say that I wasn’t feeling terribly great about what I was writing about!  I was doing an update on the computer as I was writing and then it had to restart, of course, so my momentum disappeared.  With the momentum dying I propelled myself into my room to do my morning ablations and now I think, what to write, what to write?
            Do you find that when you’ve had a sick day your week seems upside down?  That’s how I feel today.  I had a sick day yesterday and now I feel as though I missed out on the start of my week which scatters me.  I know I will get my bearings once I get to work but at the moment I rather dread it.  Yesterday after finally getting some sleep I got up dopey and dozy and so I went for a walk to get some fresh air.  It was gorgeous.  There was no wind, it was warm, the sun was shining and the scenery was still rich in greens and russet.  As I walked I kept thinking “I want to retire, I want to retire”.  It is the recurring thought these days.  But the fear of no pay cheque is greater than the desire for my freedom so I keep on going to work!
            Would it be different if I loved my work more?  Probably not.  Would it be different if I lived closer to work.  Maybe.  As it is I put in over 12 hours a day which essentially steals most of my waking day. In the evenings I have roughly 3 ½ hours for “me time”.  It just isn’t enough when that me time includes making my meals, cleaning the house, preparing for work by getting my next day’s clothes ready.  There isn’t much time to squeeze in the writing, exercise and reading.  Something’s gotta give.  Usually the exercise.
            You know, I actually like exercise.  What I don’t like is the fact that I sweat like a stuck pig and that is no way to start my morning.  It takes forever to get my thick hair dry again so morning workouts are no go during the work week.
            What a lament for retirement!  My hair, my hair.  I sound like my mother.


No comments:

Post a Comment