Monday, October 17, 2011

Monday Morning Mish Mash

Richard Simmons’ blog this morning is right on the money – Read the Fine Print.  He ends his article with
            You've got to eat less. You've got to vigorously exercise daily. And you've got to keep a positive ‘I can do it’ attitude as you work hard proving to yourself that you really can lose the weight.”
Too often we want the magic pill to fix our problems whether it be weight loss, depression or anything else.  But regardless of the problem, part of the solution is “doing the work”.  I woke up early this morning and couldn’t get back to sleep.  So I lay there thinking about my back garden because I had been working there yesterday and saw with sinking heart just how bad the weeds had gotten.  It’s going to take an awful lot of work to get it back in order which caused me to toss and turn thinking of methods that I could possibly use to sort it all out.  It is an overwhelming job when you don’t have the equipment.  I will have to find a solution by springtime which seems like a long enough time to solve the problem but here’s the next problem.
In a nutshell I am disorganized.  Yes, the organized, anal compulsive person that I once was has deteriorated into some crazy, lazy woman who can’t seem to stretch time to the limit and squeeze a dozen tasks into 10 ten minutes.  For some reason lists don’t seem to help because I still get distracted as easily as a chicken after a butterfly, no a bee, no a dandelion.  Hither and thither I go from one incomplete task to another.  What is up with that?  Where is my focus?  It seems to have disappeared with my hormones.
Some days are better than others and I feel exhilarated to have accomplished everything I planned to do.  Other days I lay my head on the pillow and realize that there were tasks I could have done but I had forgotten about until that moment.  Oh me oh my, what to do?  Is there a magic pill for focus?  The truth is that we are living in a world where everything has to be “high speed” this or that and we have got into the habit of demanding too much of ourselves.  Right?  If I think that way I don’t feel the pressure.  I can relax for a few minutes before I start running around getting dressed, getting on the treadmill, making my lunch, rushing out the door.  To work.

You see how it goes?

No comments:

Post a Comment