Monday, December 20, 2010

Chilly Nights


I took to heart what I wrote yesterday and had lunch with some delightful new, young colleagues today. It was to show them appreciation for going out of their way to provide extra service to members of my team. I took a leaf out of a former colleague’s book and did the roundtable question of asking them about their career up to now and where they wanted to go. What interesting answers, and what interesting histories they all had. It was a pleasant lunch and I am glad I learned more about my fellow colleagues.


Then came the homeward trek and all my pleasure was destroyed by a freezing cold bus and slow traffic. Oiy, but it is not going to be easy to overcome the dread of these slow and painful commutes, no matter how positive the rest of the day has been. The upside was that my brother had made a nice steak and potatoes for me when I got home. But once again I was on the coach (well, it was the chair, but . . . ) and we were watching “The Negotiator” with Samuel L. Jackson and Kevin Spacey. It is such a good movie and I had to tear myself away to write something for the blog.


So the upbeat message for tonight is this, do your best and when the going gets tough, hope that you have a good meal waiting at the end of the ordeal. Hoping is good. Sometimes it actually comes to pass!


No comments:

Post a Comment