Thursday, December 23, 2010

Day Three - minus 0.2 pounds


Early morning, breakfast eaten, on the scale, still downward though slight. I am happy.


I had a lovely meal yesterday at the Chicago Chop House, deep fried jumbo shrimp (2) as an appetizer. Then 4 little lamb chops with baby roasted potatoes, and my first ever crème brulee (delicious). Not huge but definitely a rich lunch. Two days before Christmas Eve and the traffic was unreal as it took us 40 minutes just to get out of the downtown core. Naturally I was exhausted when I got home. I crawled into bed at 7:10 with 2 baby belles and a half glass of sherry and a couple of breadsticks for supper.


Happily, I did 40 leg kicks yesterday and once this blog is done I will do some more today. I went around yesterday thinking about Richard for a good chunk of it (yes my friends, I really did).


Then I got distracted by something quite exciting. I happened to go down the elevator with a gentleman from my work and we were chatting away about his script writing as his hobby. I confessed that I was a closet writer also and currently writing a blog. He absolutely startled me by asking me if I would consider being profiled in our company web site. (Up to now only the President and VP's have been profiled) He could see I was surprised and hesitant so he asked me to think about it over the holidays and he would ask again in the new year. Should I do it? What if they name the blog and my boss reads my scattered, weird and disconnected thoughts?


Alright, I can already hear Gillian say that he probably already recognizes those traits in me. I hear you, missy. But tell me truly, should I be interviewed? What would Richard say? Oh yes, that’s right “let it all hang out.”


So that was my day yesterday. Another lunch before the big Christmas Eve dinner tomorrow night and then the trump must blast in earnest. (what does that mean? Me and my clichés)


And people, be safe and careful. Don’t drink and drive. Please be safe and smart.


1 comment:

  1. Nette and I got all our booze early so there will be no need to drink and drive . . . he he. On the serious side, I second your statement; please don't drink and drive!

    That's a really neat opportunity, Sanne. I'm not sure if I would do it or not?! I think you just have to be conscious about all aspects of writing -- opinion inevitably presents itself in everything we write. On the other hand, it would be really neat!

    Glaedling Jul :-)

    ReplyDelete