Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Ecuador Tanning and Brain Waves


About a month ago I began taking tanning in the hopes that it would help with my vitamin D deficiencies and the bonus would be that I would be preparing for my trip to Ecuador so I could blend with the scenery. I’ve noticed that the tops of my feet are nice and brown but unfortunately the rest of me is rather uneven and my face has not been getting any tan since I am still protected by makeup and there is no place for me to rinse that off prior to going into the oven.


The time in the tanning salon has given me the leisure to speculate on the effects of heat on brain stimulation. Some years ago my father, sister and I went into partnership on a tanning machine for the home and when I was enjoying my turn I noticed that I often got some really brilliant ideas while in the bed. I also noticed that whenever I had a particularly steamy bath I seemed to have some incredible eureka moments. Now that I am back in a sun bed I notice that once again my brain is working at a terrific rate and I am conceiving some really great ideas and philosophical thoughts. The downside in the psat was that I was always too busy running a business to actually put any of these bright ideas into motion. The downside these days is that while all is well and good while I am in the bed by the time I get dressed the menopausal side effect of memory lapses has manifested itself. I remember nothing.


So my efforts on behalf of looking good in Ecuador are likely going to be the only benefits of the suntanning as the energy supposedly derived from the Vitamin D has not materialized either. As for brain stimulation, I think I am enjoying it during those 10 minutes . . . ::::J


No comments:

Post a Comment