Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Dancing With the Stars - Season 14

This is probably the best cast of dancers I have seen yet.  Everyone did very well and some were outstanding.  The classical singer Katherine and Erkel (Jaleel White) were really terrific.  Sadly Katherine (whose name I don’t recall) is not at all well known so with a small fan base she will probably go early.  It’s not the fairest way to eliminate the stars but I suppose we have to accept how it is.  Sherry and Gladys Knight surprised me with their ability; Sherry in particular was so glowing and happy to be there it was fun to watch her.
        Okay so this was the foxtrot and cha cha night and I can do these dances.  In P.J.s and night slippers I practiced the steps on a 3 foot square of space while the critters hunched up on tables, chair backs and wondered “what on earth is she doing now?”  Cherie sneaked away and lay dozing in the living room during commercial break.  I crept noisily up to him and he tried to escape me but I scooped him up and started fox-trotting him through the kitchen.  His ears were laid flat back, his eyes were starting out of their sockets but he lay limply in my arms.  He was torn between leaping out when I loosed him or showing off to Thumper that he was my favourite.  I could clearly see the conflict and I knew exactly what he was thinking as he looked over at Thumper who was suddenly sitting at attention and glaring at us. 
        I have to say that I sure have fun with my critters.  Arnold and Harold were both slouched over the sofas looking wearily at us.  They were probably thinking “thank God we are too big for her to do that to us”.  And I’m thinking “wait until the waltz, then you will get yours”.
        This is the only “reality” show that I watch because it is interactive and there is really no nastiness unless you count Len’s perfectionist criticisms as mean.  This is honest entertainment.  (But I thought they were not fair in judging Melissa Gilbert so low, I thought she was great).

These are the Ecuadorian dancers we saw last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment