Sunday, March 25, 2012

I'm Leaving . . . on a Jet Plane (I Hope)

I’m scheduled to head off to NYC mid-week and while I haul out my suitcase(s) I worry about whether I will leave on time, that my luggage will arrive with me and after that all I need worry about is whether I will be able to get everything in my suitcase that I buy and will it get back with me.  My one solution that is within my control is to put all my best buys in my hand luggage and pray for the rest.
       Yes, I am going back to the Big Apple and am really excited to spend an extra day there simply site seeing with my friend.  There is so much to see so we have decided that for our first venture we will do the hop-on hop-off bus tour and we will take a trek down Museum Mile.  I don’t think we will have a chance to see much more than that and we want to leave space for impulse touring.  I’ve noticed if you plan too much in advance you only get frustrated, what was it Michael J. Fox said in The American President, his plans are “soft”.  That’s us, our plans are elastic.  Our one big commitment is going to Broadway to see “Wicked” which I am sure will be a thrill of a lifetime for me.
       When I was a teenager I dreamed about going to NYC to live, as did most young girls then and now.  To finally be going back to NYC makes me feel very sophisticated.  I honestly think that everyone should experience NYC at least once.  I still cannot get over how clean it was, how friendly the people were and how fabulous everything looked.  It had style.  It had action.  It had EVERYTHING.
       Everything but a Danish bakery.

No comments:

Post a Comment