Monday, March 26, 2012

Sleepless Nights

One of the hard things about travelling is the sleepless nights before the trip and often during the trip.  Usually I can fall asleep almost before my head hits the pillow but as the time approaches to leave I find myself getting anxious about what I may forget (like my passport), whether there will be an accident on Deerfoot as we head to the airport, currently, will there be more wildcat strikes to delay us or ground us.  And on top of that, where do I park my car, what cab company do I use, will the flight be cancelled while I am enroute.  I have a headache already, thinking about what may go wrong.
        That’s the trouble with having “long sight,” we anticipate more than what could ever possibly go wrong unless your name is Martin Short in “Pure Luck” mode.  The good part about it is being able to fantasize about what could be great in one’s life.  I can envision winning the 6/49 lottery one of these days and all the good things that would transpire with that happening.
        The curious thing about Facebook or the Google blogger is that whenever I write about certain things the advertising on my Facebook changes.  I expect to see “lottery” stuff now that I am launching this blog.  If I write about NYC I suddenly have a lot of New York stuff on the advertising page.  If it’s about diet . . . you get the drift.  Apparently these systems have a mechanism to catch phrases that will linkup to advertising.  Imagine what else these things link up to. Big Brother is watching.  It is kind of a creepy, I have to admit.  Whenever I write about political items I expect to have someone come knocking at my door, or worse, not knock and just barge in, rough me up and send me to jail without due process.  Fortunately so far I haven’t said anything too wild to bring them calling but you just never know.  As I say, creepy.
        I didn’t get much sleep last night so if this is a little disconnected there is a valid reason for it; and no, I am not paranoid.  Weird stuff does happen but somehow the Universe seems to have protected me from the worst of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment