Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Sunshine, Butterflies and Happiness

Do you get spring fever?  Me too.  Finally I begin to get that surge of energy that has me asking “what should I do first?” and none of the options involve food or watching TV.  That’s a sign of spring.
       I think yesterday I hit a real low driving in to work but this morning I am feeling that upward surge that is telling me that spring is just around the corner.  Sure, I can expect another burst of snow before we finally start to see the spring rains and green grass.  Already I am seeing geese on the curb side downtown which is always a harbinger of spring.  I get a kick out of looking out for them (in years past when I was a passenger, of course) and then spotting them on high rise rooftops or window ledges.  Twice I’ve seen some adorable geese leading their gosling either across Hwy 2 and the other time across the YWCA courtyard, impervious to cars, pointing people and protesting ducks.
       Another sign of spring is busy car washes even though this winter I’ve washed my car more often than I have in the last 4 years (due to the constant slush on the roads).  I’d like to say that this weekend will see me polishing my windows but instead, poor me, I will be packing and organizing my trip to NYC.  Yes, I am off to the Big Apple next week and am feeling very excited about seeing my first Broadway show (“Wicked”).  This time we have an extra day just for site seeing and my friend and I have been looking at the website trying to decide how we can be most efficient without crippling each other!
       I am happy to say that I believe I am out of the winter doldrums and well on the way to being active again.  Thank Mother Nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment