Thursday, March 1, 2012

March comes in like a lamb

It is pitch dark outside so I am still under the assumption that there was no snow last night but as I slept like a log one never really knows until we are out on the road.  March always seems an extra long month to me and is always unpredictable when it comes to the weather but at the same time I always feel that spring is just around the corner once we hit March.
       Richard Simmons’ blog this morning is all about freeing oneself of negative things, from the pounds, to the people around you who can bring you down.  At the beginning of any month a person can set goals for the month or the rest of their lives.  This morning I am considering what I failed to do over the first 2 months of the year and how can I rectify those mistakes.  So as much as one may feel motivated to set goals one should perhaps also evaluate the past so that the new goals are not going to be a setup for more failure (if that is the case).
       As a visual person I like to write things down so that I can really see what I’ve done and it also consoles me with a visual effect of having actually done something when I feel unsuccessful.  I think we can often be too hard on ourselves when doing an evaluation whether it is for work or simply for ourselves.  I know I am brutal but lately I have been giving myself some slack (and taking full advantage of it, I think).
       So today think about all the things you did right since New Year’s Day and then think about what you can do to make yourself even better.  March should be a time of encouragement and for boosting your confidence.  So give yourself a pat on the back, straighten those shoulders and smile.  It’s going to be a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment