Wednesday, March 7, 2012

The Joy of Life

When you see children playing in the school yard or out on the street you can see their joy of living.  They are out having fun.  It isn’t often that you see adults having the same level of fun just by being outdoors.  I’ve been wondering how to get that level back into my life.  I know that part of it means being outdoors for longer periods of time simply to get the Vitamin D from the sun.  But the rest of that energy in the fun, does that come from the exercise?  I rather think so because I know when I have been working out I find I have energy that carries me along for several hours afterwards.
       All the research on longevity indicates that the one common factor in older people is their joy of living.  While I do wake up with a positive feeling I have noticed that during the winter months I don’t have that level of joy that I think is essential to making life worth living.  Now it’s time for me to start experimenting with moving positiveness up several notches into Joy.
       A huge part of why adults lose their joy is because they get into ruts, they slug along making a living, doing their chores and they forget about taking care of themselves.  The dreadful thing about all of this is that we all know the truth; we are supposed to eat health, exercise and stay fit.  So, why don’t we listen to all of the advice?  I believe that a very big part of this failure comes from simply being stuck.  It can be very hard to pick oneself up by the bootstraps and give ourselves that big kick in the butte to get moving and doing.
       It’s March, we get one more hour of sunshine on Sunday when we turn our clocks forward, and Spring is just around the corner.  It’s time to do some Shake, Rattle and Roll to bring that Joy back into our Lives.  So let’s do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment