Friday, July 22, 2011

Beautiful Words




Leaving hot topics on this lovely Friday I thought it would be pleasant to write about something happy and light. So let’s talk about words that put a smile on your face. Let’s try on Bliss. This is a word that isn’t used very often but a phrase like “finding your bliss” sends a mellow feeling with a bit of sunshine through it. Bliss means complete happiness. Oh yes, I love that word.



How about Serendipity which is the faculty of finding things not sought for? I love how this word trips off the tongue and again, it has happiness sprinkled all over it. Butterfly conjures the real thing in my mind immediately and just makes me think of summer days in my childhood. There were butterflies everywhere all day long when I was a child. Butterflies just make me happy.



Farthingale is stately and proud but the sound of it makes me feel safe. It’s both a place and a piece of clothing (it was used as part of an underskirt to make the hips stick out, and if that doesn’t make you smile . . . )



Enchanting, just the sound of the word is . . . enchanting. Picture Tom Hanks repeating the word when his grandfather tells him that Kathleen Kelly’s mother was Enchanting. Oh yes, “You’ve Got Mail” is one of my favourite love stories. And Meg Ryan is Enchanting.



Serene is another word that I love but this is a word that is rarely used, probably because there is not a lot of serenity in the world. I have been told that my face is Serene and I was charmed and flattered. And for a moment I actually was Serene!



Fleeting has a lot of connotations but I use it because time is fleeting and I must get dressed. I am behind the eight ball this morning as I first tried to write a Hot Topic but I Surrendered to the Feeling of Bliss that is Friday of a self driven Long Weekend. Oh Oh Oh – another Nice word. Holiday!



Mother, Zephyr, Waltz, Lullaby





No comments:

Post a Comment