Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Customer Service



Customer Service is actually an oxymoron for customer aggravation. At least that was my experience yesterday when I tried to straighten out my Sears account for the second time in 6 weeks. The person I spoke to yesterday was the most obnoxious, unhelpful moron I have ever had the misfortune to speak with. He seemed to take pleasure in misconstruing what I said, deliberately lied, prevaricated and in the end infuriated me to the point of no return. When I get angry I get LOUD. I only get angry when I know that I am in the right and I definitely know that I am right in this instance. When a person has a credit on their account, how can you possibly be in the wrong? When you have been a customer in good standing for 25 years, how can you be in the wrong? When you have the equivalent of a triple A credit rating, how can you be in the wrong? Lastly, when you are the customer, how can you be in the wrong?


Apparently this individual who undoubtedly hails from India hasn’t been taught elementary customer service. You know what he quoted to me? The list of how many times I hung up on the collection agency. You think? Two days after my first call where I had assumed everything had been straightened out I got a call from the collection agency. I told the person “please speak to the store because this has been straightened out” and I hung up. Since then I have had at least one call per week (and who knows how many more that I simply don’t answer). Anyone who knows me will tell you that the minute I hear that space between pickup and some machine kicking in, I hang up. So when this fellow said I had hung up that was actually untrue because I never spoke to anyone except the first time – I haven’t spoken to anyone since. The fact that I spoke to the collection agency that one time was a fluke where the human was on the phone immediately. And I don’t have a problem speaking with a human and naturally when I heard “Sears” I wanted to know if there was a problem. But to hear that they wanted to collected – excuse me, but I have a credit. You think maybe I would be annoyed? ANNOYED, yes, I was ANNOYED.


After cooling down somewhat yesterday I started to compose a letter to Sears but I wasn’t cooled down enough to review it and send it off. And I still haven’t determined what ultimate action I want. All I know is that I got royally cheesed off when I was simply trying to straighten out the mess of having said yes to changing from a store credit card to a Mastercard. My advice is DON’T DO IT. I should have left well enough alone and stayed with my old store credit card. Now I don’t think I can even shop in Sears, I am so irritated with the experience.


Hazel, in 2011 the customer is always wrong.


No comments:

Post a Comment