Sunday, July 3, 2011

Sunday Sunshine



I’ve spent two hours working on the front lawn with a little weeding kicked in for good measure. Time for a good hot soak and then I plan to play the Lady of Leisure. The best way to do that is not to go back outside because there is the whole East side beckoning to me. I took a stroll over there before I came in and I so want to start working that area but the old hip is protesting furiously so I better err on the side of caution and call it quits for today. Inspecting the front I notice some of my honeysuckle bushes have died and I think that is all that water they stood in for six weeks. It has been so wet I’m surprised we haven’t heard incidents of malaria, typhoid or cholera!


The deck is finished and it looks fabulous. While Erik worked away I ate watermelon and cheered him on. Next step – new BBQ.


Goodness, but we had a wind storm blow through here that knocked down a huge tree (dead) and I just feel grateful that I wasn’t standing close to it! While it is still blowing now it is not nearly the hurricane winds of a couple of hours ago. Nature is cruel, but nature is true. My father used to say that. I see that in the mornings when Thumper or Cherie bring me their offerings of mice, sparrows and moles. They just can’t help themselves!


Well, it has been a beautiful long weekend, with excellent weather, good company and some achievements. I hope everyone else has had a great a holiday as I’ve had.


No comments:

Post a Comment