Friday, May 20, 2011

The Blank Page

There is nothing more frightening to a writer than a blank page that stays blank for more than five minutes. Panic sets in and the writer begins to wonder if she has lost her mojo, her imagination, her ideas, her wisdom. You get the drift. This is my state of mind this morning. The last few days I’ve been rambling about nothings and as I don’t want this to turn into a journal I am at a loss of what to write about today.


A friend thought it best to write a separate blog about politics but here’s a thought that exploded in my mind the other day. Steven Harper is a hypocrite of such proportion that I cannot fathom it. In all seriousness I suspect him of being a S?. Am I allowed to say that about our Prime Minister? Probably not hence I erase and put a question mark – you’ll have to email me to get the answer. Seriously – trying to sneak in 3 new senators that have just NOT been re-elected to keep them on the gravytrain? What a slap in the face to their former constituents. I’d say those ridings will never vote Conservative again (one hopes).


Unfortunately just like the engineering industry people’s memories are extremely short and all is forgiven four years hence. Myself, I have the memory of an elephant when it comes to being done wrong. In fact, when it comes to bad behaviour, even when it occurs to someone else, I have a very long memory and allows leaves me with a huge question mark behind the perpetrator’s name. I’m like an avenging angel, righting wrongs and when I am powerless to do anything I become so incensed I almost feel like I am suffocating. This is especially frustrating on the job but when it comes to “city hall” I feel that there is SOMETHING that can be done. We can Not Vote For That Person (or party) ever again.


But people do. Why is that? Why don’t they remember? Why don’t they want justice? And yet the majority of people polled want to see Capital Punishment come back. Honestly is there any raw material in this land or were the brains all left in the old country? One has to wonder. Just look at the statistics – there’s more violent crime in USA than all of Europe and yet people want to tell me that capital punishment will deter crime. Hello, more than 50% of the states in the US has the death penalty and there is no capital punishment in Europe. Explanation please? I’m waiting. Still waiting.


Passionate? That’s me. But I’m not so passionate that I am blood thirsty. Hang ‘em high, Charlie, is not me. Don’t get me wrong. If something happened to one of my own I’d be out for blood. BUT that is why we have the justice system that allows disinterested citizens to make the balanced judgment on the defendant. That’s called Civilized. Being vengeful and blood thirsty is not a sign of civilization.


People say they don’t want to pay the cost of feeding Cliff Olson. Well, folks, I don’t want to pay the cost of feeding those fat pigs we call senators but I’m not allowed to execute them either.


Think about that.


No comments:

Post a Comment