Monday, May 30, 2011

Gemini - the Twins



Today is my sister’s birthday and for the next 5 days we are twins. As Geminis I think this is very fitting. I don’t believe in horoscopes and I don’t believe in pigeon holing people with tags and yet I can’t help finding this a bit amusing.


Jeanette is one of the sweetest natured people I know but that wasn’t always the case. When she was a kid she could be something of a royal pain. She used to take hissy fits like nobody’s business and often they didn’t seem to make any sense to anyone else. She was pretty wilful and when she got upset she would just cry uncontrollably and often she would jump up and down in a tantrum. She grew out of it eventually but I think it wasn’t until she was a teenager!


When we were little girls we were best friends and we could play for hours with our dolls, games or just plain old imagination. We shared a bedroom until I turned 13 so at night we would tell stories or sing songs when we weren’t having a quarrel (which was seldom). I remember one time making up a song about a flower pot. We’d often tell ghost stories and repeat the stories our Farmor had told us and then we’d creep each other out. We also liked to play games that included flysaucer. That was when one of us would lean against the upheld feet of the other and then we’d get flung off the bed. That was the flying saucer. Sometimes we’d get flung against the bedroom door and whack, it would make a serious noise. Sooner or later Mom would come in with the wooden spoon to get us settled down again.


Nowadays Jeanette will call me on the weekend and we will talk for at least an hour just about this and that. I miss her a lot when she doesn’t call and who knew one could get so jealous of a little Stanley? Just kidding. Jeanette has always been crazy about babies so it’s no wonder that she is a devoted grandmother.



Happy birthday little sister.




No comments:

Post a Comment