Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Rambling Rose

It looks as though spring may have sprung. We’ve had rather steady warm weather and the rains have begun though not yet cleaning up the countryside. But the buds are coming out on my bushes and trees, the tulips are 4 inches now and the alliums are as thick as grass. Robins have been hopping around for several weeks already and the ducks are swimming across the many ponds surrounding the house and countryside.

And Sanne?


Last night I was out for about an hour watering the plants and shrubs but then it was back inside to watch The Good Wife. The season is almost over and this is the only show left to watch so my activity level will kick up several notches as long as my body doesn’t give out in the meantime. Last week my left ankle was paining me. Yesterday my right foot had a muscle spasm that felt like a Charlie Horse. Good grief, I am falling apart and going into one of those vicious cycles where I cannot do the work because it hurts and if I don’t do the work it will hurt. Help!


But it’s morning now and I feel great and I am making all sorts of ambitious promises to myself about tonight. That is the wonderful thing about mornings. The day is still ahead with infinite possibilities just beyond the dawn. Energy levels are peaking, the eyes are starting to unblur, and the little grey cells are firing on all 2,3,4,5, 6 cylinders. Bang! I’m set for the day. Sure stuff happens along the way that drains the batteries but at least I have my morning bliss.


Morning Bliss – isn’t that a beautiful phrase? I’ll talk more about that tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment