Thursday, May 26, 2011

The Day from Hell

It's only 9:30 in the morning and I am already having the day from hell. First I attempted to login to my blog to no avail -- I have no idea how I have managed to access this at this time as it has been a complete circus.

However, the worst was getting ready to leave the house to have my brother come up with the interesting news that we were experiencing another flood in the basement. Oh joy. I went down to take a look and it was a disaster. Sure I have all the equipment and I know how to start the shop vac and haul everything out of there but why wasn't the sump pump doing its job? And how was it possible to get so much water in the basement with all the cement we now have surrounding this house? My mind was whirling.

I had to call in to the office to let them know I wouldn't be in until I resolved the problem - and I had to call my carpool to let them know.

I've been stewing and stewing but somehow I got the pump running and it seems that the water seepage is mitigated.

Then working from home - which thankful was operating properly but oh my goodness, my head does ache already this morning. I simply hate this.

Call me Job-Noah -- I feel the pain of both those lads.

1 comment: