Monday, July 16, 2018

Coincidental Thinking


Someone once said that there are no coincidences.  I don’t know who and I don’t know if it is true or not but here’s something that happened to me this week.  I have for the past few months been waking up several times during the night and occasionally I can’t get back to sleep so I will pull out a book and read for a while.  A few nights ago I became obsessed with needing to finish reading a book I started a few years ago “The Untethered Soul” by Michael A. Singer.  In my befuddled state of mind I actually thought I was reading it and finishing it when in fact I was only dreaming about it.  Then on Friday’s final “The Ladies Get Lit” segment of The View Sara Haines’ choice was . . . you got it, “The Untethered Soul”.  The way she spoke about the book has inspired me to take the book off my shelf and onto my bedside table in order to finish reading the book.  I will commence from the beginning since I cannot recall a single word of the book!

There is more to this “coincidence” because the subject of the book links not only to the theme on thinking but also to what is happening with my personal psyche.  Coincidence, serendipity, whatever you like to call it but there are times when things align in the universe to tell you, personally, something.   The art of listening and paying attention are elements to assist you in staying alert.  Intention and attention.

Slogans, clichés, catch phrases, word whiskers.  I will take the quote from the beginning of this book since it is appropriate in every way for today’s thought.

“This above all: to thine own self be true, and it must follow, as the night the day, thou canst not then be false to any man.”  William Shakespeare

No comments:

Post a Comment