Thursday, July 5, 2018

John Maxwell on Thinking


Looking at an Open Mind, Fixed vs. Growth Mindset and Political Correctness leads me to a positive venture in thinking as seen by John Maxwell.  His book “Jumpstart your Thinking” really made a great impression on me and I followed through on his “work book” to such an extent that I realized many goals in my retirement (and prior to my cancer diagnosis).  There is Synchronicity with Dweck’s work in that it definitely can assist in altering your style of thinking to your own betterment.  He uses the following list of thinking experiences or versions:
 
·         Big Picture
·         Focused
·         Creative
·         Realistic
·         Strategic
·         Possibility
·         Reflective
·         Uncommon
·         Shared
·         Unselfish
·         Bottom Line
He considers them as building blocks and suggests that you will become a better thinker which in turn will change your life.  It certainly changed my life, not once, but twice.  First by allowing me to achieve many goals in the first read and my retirement goals.  Secondly, when I re-read the book and my notes I had that amazing Epiphany that I must think outside the box created by my illness.  Instead of limiting myself to a short term life I decided that I should remain optimistic and look at my 100+ year plan when working on my property, my writing or whatever else I should take on.  Why limit myself?  And why should you?
“Nothing limits achievement like small thinking, nothing expands possibilities like unleashed thinking.”  William Arthur Ward

No comments:

Post a Comment