Saturday, July 28, 2018

Starting to Sum Up July


This has been an intense month of looking at personal and political thinking and I do hope that it has been informative, enlightening and a little fun along the way for my readers.  I hope there have been some good takeaways as well.  Things such as understanding where one’s thinking originated, how one is able to change mindsets, how one can grow in their thinking and how they can be accountable to themselves on a daily basis in how they have used their mental abilities for good.  I like the anecdote that John Maxwell used about Benjamin Franklin who said that he asked himself every morning what good he could do that day and at the end of the day he asked himself what good had he done.  Big or small, we should always try to make our day count for something positive.  I like to say, at the very least, give someone a smile. 

I would also like to ask you, on the political front, how you can use your power to vote in the next election.  I don’t ask you to change your beliefs or you style of voting but I do ask that you make every effort to exercise your franchise.  It is really disheartening to know that almost 50% of voters fail to vote.  When I think of how hard our ancestors worked to gain this right, this privilege it simply makes me wonder how little value is placed on it today.  Voting means you can influence what happens in your city, province and country.  Exercise that right.

“Until input (thought) is linked to a goal (purpose) there can be no intelligent accomplishment”  Paul G. Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment