Sunday, November 25, 2018

Building a Better World Part 3


How can a person teach empathy and understanding as well as becoming non- judgmental if you don’t have those qualities yourself? First you have to recognize the lack in yourself (and yes, that can be a problem if you think you are perfect and no longer need to evolve as a human being . . . but I cannot preach to a stone wall) and then you research on how to release yourself from qualities that are actually weighing you down.
I was touched and surprised when my sister told me that I was a much better person than her because I always see the good in people. But I wasn’t always this way, when I was younger I could be judgmental (although I have always had compassion for the underdog and have always had a tendency to see both sides of most arguments). I think I mellowed out in my early 40’s and certainly by the time I was 50 I could see most people through a very rosy lens. I think what I recognized in myself was that I genuinely LIKED people. I have seldom met a person that I didn’t like (but I have) so it’s easy to go to the next level, becoming empathetic to whatever ails them.
Liking people, listening to people and genuinely being interested in them is a huge step in making your circle, your world a better place.  As Deepak so wonderfully explained in the latest meditation Youthful Energy, YOU are the WORLD because (and I paraphrase) your reality is your world. Does that make sense? So when you are at your best you reflect that into the world around you.
Ergo, reflect your best self, daily, hourly, minutely and wow, you are building a better world!
Now wasn’t that easy?

No comments:

Post a Comment