Wednesday, November 28, 2018

One New Thing




My November blogs have been a little mundane and predictable so I am preparing to go up a few notches in December with the theme of One New Thing. The plan is for me to try something new, or create something new every day in December. Some ideas that I have already thought about include


 
·         learning a new poem (as in memorizing – which will be a challenge as I have never been very good at poetry memory) 
·          a new painting
·         New cards
·         Scrapbooking albums
·         New photos
·         Cleaning up the chicken house
·         New online lectures
·         Learning about hashtags
·         Learning about Instagram (and setting up an account, maybe)
·         Sewing some crafts
 
Not everything is new learning but it is taking what I know and keeping myself artistic and busy but in a meaningful way. New meditations, research projects and writing beyond the blog will also be on the books. Some days are going to be busier than others and I already foresee driving my mother nuts as I go around quoting Emily Dickinson (my favorite poet).  With her increasing deafness it is going to be a fun to see her going out of control. Yep, I do have a diabolical sense of humour!
I think in January I will continue my second blog “The ABCs of Canadian Politics” since both Alberta and Canada will be revving up election campaigns.
And something you should be aware of, I will be boycotting Facebook the first day of every month, including New Years Day. It is my protest against Mark Zuckerberg, but more on that tomorrow.
 
Suggestions are welcome so feel free - I want to think outside the box, for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment