Friday, November 30, 2018

Official Kick off Tomorrow


I hope my readers are excited about the One New Thing theme (as in that they are giving it a try also). I have been doing a lot of preparing for all the planned activities. Charging batteries, plugging in the treadmill, cleaning up space, setting up my craft room downstairs, trying to get Mom and John in the mode, reading up on cookies so I can use my cookie press for the first time and all the other little mundane things that will help make things go tickety-boo over the busiest time of the year!
I will remind you that on December 1st and each day of the following months I will not use Facebook so please either click the post from the day before and press F5 to refresh which ought to bring up the December 1st blog. Alternative just google Sanne’s Grain of Salt (and you may have to use Google.ca rather than Google.com)  I remember having troubles in the early days of my blog but perhaps I have enough followers on  the .com to make it visible on a first search.
The reason for the boycott is that I believe Mark Zuckerberg is a total dickhead and being extremely uncooperative with regard to all the political interference that is happening at Facebook. Quite honestly I do not like the man. Not only am I boycotting Facebook for one day each month (and I know that isn’t a lot, but if I can persuade others to follow suit, that would be great).  I would also encourage people not to look at any of the feeds or ads not just on that day but as often as humanly possible. Rather go to Google or the site outside of Facebook if you are really interested. Thirdly write to your MP to support their pushback at Facebook for answers. It’s all about algorithms and it is not that big of a deal to alter the algorithms to manage the hate sites and other things that are causing so much dissent in the world. (I saw a program about it earlier this week, I forget the man’s name who is probably the top guy on all of this stuff, and it was very interesting and alarming that Facebook and Twitter are not doing their part in this).
I would appreciate your feedback on this readers – am I going down a wrong path in this?

No comments:

Post a Comment