Saturday, November 10, 2018

Core Beliefs


I take the following amazing message from Deepak’s meditation today, in full:
Day 12 - Core Beliefs Make Us Who We Are
In today’s meditation, we look at how the changes that happen in our body and mind over the course of our life is largely determined by the core beliefs we hold. These core beliefs are deeper than the beliefs we generally think about. They deal with issues of identity, a sense of the fairness of life, and our beliefs about what is worth pursuing. Core beliefs actively shape our every thought, attitude, feeling, action, and reaction. Positive, life-affirming core beliefs will promote the vitality of our body and mind, while negative, self-defeating core beliefs undermine our energy and well-being.
The most powerful way to transform our old core beliefs is through the direct experience of ever-present awareness in meditation. Infinite, unbounded consciousness transcends all beliefs and realigns our life with the evolutionary forces of Nature within.
“Youth is not a time of life; it is a state of mind . . .  it is the freshness of the deep springs of life.” — Samuel Ullman

Perhaps these ideas are not new to you but my question is – how often do you think about your core beliefs? Are they beliefs that you are aware of daily, weekly, once in a while, never? Do you know what beliefs you hold and are they positive and life-affirming? Here’s what I find alarming in myself; I am not sure what my core beliefs are in the sense that I haven’t written down a list itemizing I believe this or that; if I did, would it be useful? I have a nebulous consciousness of knowing what I believe are essential values in life such as living by the Ten Commandments (more or less), do unto others, social consciousness, etc. But are these the sort of beliefs Deepak has in mind?
I guess my point for today is perhaps we should dwell a little about some of the things we believe and is there more to our core beliefs than we really know? Mind bending, it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment