Thursday, November 15, 2018

Warmer Days Ahead


I just love it when the weatherman says that we are in for a warm spell, especially during the winter. It just makes my day happier. I was refreshing myself with old notes I had from Deepak and Oprah on the purpose of meditation and tips on how not to stress out during meditation (when your mind wanders, just bring yourself back to centre and forget about admonishing yourself) which helped me in week 3 of our meditation.
Then when I was watching my ladies (aka The View) I had to agree wholeheartedly with Whoopi on having “B.S. fatigue”. It is easy to dwell on the negative because that is what the media typically feeds us and while I am not a believer in being an ostrich about what happens in the world I do think we should take it all in small doses. Yes, “do what I say, not what I do” is echoing in my ears right now. Seriously though, I have been tuning out more frequently because it is so exhausting and there is so much I could be doing on a positive note.
The snow is slowly melting outside (and there is still ice on the driveway) but I have not forgotten my promise to take a picture of my Spanish Lady painting and post it for y’all. Maybe by tomorrow I will be able to take it outside, hang it and take my shot! I can hardly wait for Cousin Axel’s critique (or not). J
And as I sit and write this blog my darling little Cherie is sitting in the secretary chair beside me and purring like the sweetheart he is.  It’s usually Thumper he plays Secretary but he is being lazy and Cherie has stolen the chair from him. Meanwhile Kitsy is acting out as the dead mackerel, dozing on the bed in the family room. Mom is knitting away and occasionally gets up to check on her rising rye bread. All in all it is a normal day in the House of Sanne.

No comments:

Post a Comment