Saturday, June 30, 2018

Celebrate Friends


A final note on friendship – celebrate your friendships and relationships regularly.  I have at least one GalPal BBQ every summer and since my retirement I have had coffee, brunch and lunch dates frequently.  As I have written many times before with respect to keeping in touch once you have retired, always put the onus on yourself even if you feel hard done by that you are always the one making the call.  It is so important to have social contacts, for pleasure, not for “networking”.

I have been so very fortunate to find that since my diagnosis my friends have put the shoe on the other foot and frequently they are the ones calling me.   How nice is that?  When you experience the pleasure of those phone calls or emails, remember to pay them forward to someone else in your life that you value.

So what is next . . . I am thinking about a Garden Party.  I can see Downton Abbey, sunbonnets and sun shades written all over this one.

My cup runneth over, may yours’ also.

No comments:

Post a Comment