Monday, June 4, 2018

Day 4 of Friendships


My other “Best Friend” is Silvia.  I always feel torn or weird by saying I have two “best friends” which seems like an oxymoron but the truth is that Ninette and Silvia have been my best friends since I met them.  Silvia I met when we were 16 and we became friends when I looked across at her while we were in the library “studying” after our History class together.  I made a comment about how ridiculous Catholics were and then, as an afterthought asked her if she was Catholic.  She nodded yes and then grinned.  After taking my foot out of my mouth we both giggled and started our friendship on a note of humour.  
Silvia has been in my life through high school and beyond to this day.  I was lucky to have her first move to Kelowna after we moved to Calgary so I had a few trips out there and she would fly out to Calgary.  A few years after her marriage she moved to Calgary which has been such a blessing to have her so close.  Through children, grandchildren, illness and working woes we have empathised, shared and advised.  We both agree that "old age ain't for sissies" but we are marching through it as best we can. 
To be blessed with two super best friends has got to be like winning the lottery.
But there is more to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment