Thursday, June 14, 2018

FF Number Five


Brenda was our librarian and her “office” was a little hole in the wall cubbyhole which made her invisible to many.  But I soon discovered an amazing resource, a fount of knowledge not just on the legal side (which was considerable) but also – dare I say it – books!
Marie took it into her head that we should learn how to make wine since Paul was going for it in a big way.  Brenda was the first to say she would love to learn but I was not far behind.  We had lots of fun being the bottle washers, the labellers and so forth but we didn’t actually learn to make the wine on our own.  We understood all the premises though as Paul was terrific at explaining but the task fell to him.  We had the onerous job of drinking the wine though.  Ah.  J
Brenda has allergies and Marie has 5 cats and a dog so the Gal Pal Weekends in Blind Bay have never happened with Brenda.  However the 5 of us would have our birthday lunches and other lunches.  With Marie in Fort Mac the other 3 gals and I will brunch together and toast Marie.  Rose makes us sign (supposedly secretly but so obvious) the birthday cards for the one celebrating (Rose has a real gift for buying hilarious and appropriate cards).  Brenda and I have a real love of gardening and I absolutely adore her Zen garden.  Brenda also is a few years older than us so I cherish her knowledge on many topics, most especially her experience with religion and coping with life.
Brenda is probably the most gentle person I have ever met and one with a very generous heart.  She is insightful, genuine and a treasure.  I feel blessed to know her and call her a dear friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment