Friday, June 1, 2018

Friendship Month - June 1


My first best friend was my cousin Axel who was 6 months older than I.  Our mothers would take us out in the baby carriages, me so dark and he very fair, and all the grandmothers would oh and ah at us.  From the beginning I apparently had an affinity for Axel’s hair and would make a grab for it every time we met.  It became such a habit that when he saw me he would automatically tilt his head towards me to accommodate my demand.  18 years later when I visited Denmark for the first time nothing had changed; whatever I wanted to see or do, Axel was there to accommodate me.  A true blue friend from the very beginning of my life to this day.
What more can a person say about someone?
Axel was the model for all my friendships since then and as I have said many, many times not only on this blog but in my daily life “I don’t know what I have done to deserve so many fantastic and loyal friends”.  I am truly blessed.

1 comment:

  1. Sanne, you are the truest and the most loyal person, I have ever had the good fortune to know. Whenever I meet people, I measure them by your standards, and almost all of them couldn't ever hold a candle to you.

    ReplyDelete