Wednesday, June 20, 2018

How Empathy Comes Into Play


As you can see the last 15 years of my working life have brought me many friendships.  When I started out looking for deeper relationships I never dreamt how truly blessed my search would be.  The next lady who has come into my life and my heart is my darling Cristy. 

It began with a person very unlikely – my one really bad relationship that I have had in my working career.  It has been no secret within the company that this was a person I could really not stand for several reasons but one of the biggest reasons was her treatment of Cristy.  This lady probably never saw her shortcomings but it was immediate from the very beginning to me.  I was outraged, and I mean outraged.  She bogged Cristy down with all her own work and did nothing to mentor her or to bring her into the social fold at work - she was practically treated like a slave.   If there is one thing in this world I absolutely cannot tolerate it is bullying in any of its forms and in no time at all I was championing Cristy. 

It wasn’t difficult as Cristy is such a sweet, patient and tolerant person.  I have the highest respect for Cristy’s work ethic – only one other person tops that ethic and she is next on my list but I give Cristy all due.  She works extraordinarily hard, is meticulous in her work and above all keeps to herself and avoids drama and conflict.  And yet she is wise, practical and I have discovered pragmatic too. 
 
On a personal level Cristy is quite a different person as she is very much the matriarch in her family which rather surprised me at first.  But happily so as she has a really sterling family of children and a husband I truly like.

Cristy is Filipino and brings me more cultural diversity to add to the down to earth and loving friendship that we have created.  Cristy also brings spirituality into my life which I need more than ever in this time of doubt.  When I stepped up to help Cristy into the social and mentoring sphere at work I had no idea how enriching she would be to me. 

Once again I am blessed and my cup runneth over with this truly loving relationship.
 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment