Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Another Plan B - stalled

Well folks, here I am back in my friend's apartment. Let's hope this is the only error on this trip. For the first time in my life I failed to double check my ticket. I got my boarding pass, my bags checked, had a hand massage, bought a book on Spanish phrases and proceeded to security. The lady looked at my boarding pass and told me I could not go through since departure was 10 P.M. - not A.M. What? I frantically looked at my itinerary - sure enough, it said p.m. I went with sinking heart back to the check-in. Sorry, no way to go standby, earliest I could get on was 7:30 p.m.
.
I telephoned Blaine and he grumpily agreed to pick me up again - he was planning on a power nap before proceeding to work. He said I had stretched our friendship to the limit. :) He's napping now and I will spend the day blogging, watching soaps and praying that my baggage gets to Vancouver with me. Westjet kindly agreed to keep my baggage, normally they would have given that back to me as well. I will double check when I go back this evening to ensure that it gets on the plane with me. I don't care so much about my clothes but all my wires for my electronics is stored in my bags.
.
Let's hope this is the one thing that will go wrong and that there will not be a series of mishaps. But right now, I must say mea culpa, mea culpa. This has never happened to me in all the years I have travelled so I am very disappointed in myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment