Thursday, January 13, 2011

Sleepless in Seattle

Jan 13/14 Seattle Airport 22:25

Vancouver was covered in inches and inches of wet snow, and was raining most of the day, first just spit but then a steady drizzle. I slept in quite late, almost 8 a.m. (9 Calgary time ) and because it was so grey outside it was hard to tell that the sun was up! A short little walk to enjoy the warm, fresh air and I liked the neighbourhood, huge cedars everywhere.

We got a bit of a tour of the old part of Chilliwack (where we spent the day); then at 4:30 we headed off for Seattle. I was excited to have a true border crossing and was impressed with the quick and easy way to cross (good timing probably). It got dark quickly though so I couldn’t see too much. Lots of agricultural land. Speed was 60 miles per hour on the I5(main highway), which is about 100km and I thought the driving was very steady and nice, not super fast like on the Deerfoot. It’s about a 3 hour drive to Seattle from Chilliwack, but we stopped at Everett and had supper at an Appleby’s ( very nice food).

After dinner we proceeded onwards, no more rain, and then The Seattle Skyline – beautiful. I saw the Space Needle and learned some of it’s history(from the 60’s as part of the World’s Fair).

We had fantastic service by the teller at American Airlines; good service getting through the lineup at the security gates. So far I am getting a very good impression of America.

No comments:

Post a Comment