Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Back to the Salt Mines in 2011


It’s off to the salt mines. Four days, another weekend, then 2 days and I will be off to parts unknown. Well, at least parts unknown to me.

Should be an interesting day at work since we are now under new rules, and we have a new partner. Interesting days ahead. I’m a little sorry to miss all the excitement and seeing the events unfold but when I booked the trip this wasn’t known. I’m fortunate to have a boss who is allowing me to go when there are so many changes afoot. They give us vacation for a reason and the Norwegians believe in taking them so here goes. Let’s hope I don’t regret it!

The plan for today is to drive all the way to Calgary and thus avoid having to pay my commuter bus fees. They are really too expensive if you do anything other than the monthly fee. He’s being a bit unfair about it but I guess he is the one that will suffer as people make alternate arrangements. For one thing, my body cannot take the constant pressure. And I need the time I save by driving myself. I have to say thank you to our new mayor for getting rid of the charges to parking at the C-train station. That’s a blessing.

Stay tuned (sorry, this is a boring blog today, maybe I will update tonight).

1 comment:

  1. Susanne I hope you have a fantastic time in Ecuador. I am really enjoying reading your posts - keep rocking!

    ReplyDelete