Saturday, January 29, 2011

Uptown Girl


Saturday Jan 29, 2011 Uptown Girl

In case you haven’t noticed by now I am more of an “indoor girl” to quote Jack from Titanic fame. Everyone knows that camping is not my thing and my recent experiences with bugs and such has definitely defined me as an Uptown Girl! Sitting here on the hotel balcony overlooking the bay here in Bahia I have a sense of Hollywood Boulevard and all things civilized. (in proportion of course, this is after all Ecuador).

I love my netbook and the miracles of electronics. I’m sitting here on this balcony Skyping with my sister, just as though we were having our regular Saturday telephone conversation. Only she has her coffee and I am panting for mine. Not for another hour at least.

We had dinner at the Yacht Club last night, very good food. However there was a graduation party going on so we sat at these barstools and tiny little cocktail table. Quite the experience. But nice to see the young girls in their lovely gowns. They were very quiet, not at all like the teens back home!

And everywhere we go, if we hear English spoken we are approached by these other expats and get into quite the conversations. It is nice to get that interaction once in a while, plus we learn about more places to visit here in sunny, warm, humid Ecuador!

Off on my canoe trip in an other hour or so. Will write all about it tomorrow.

Chow (apparently Ecuadorians use this farewell more than Adios)

No comments:

Post a Comment