Thursday, April 14, 2011

The 411 on Positive Thinking


A couple of days ago I wrote about the power of positive thinking and I just want to reiterate, if you stop fretting about things and just go with the flow good things will happen. As I said, I got the word that I was one of the lucky ones to get parking but then my carpool initiative fell to the ground. I was worried about how to pay for the parking, not to mention the stress of all that driving. Well, then I thought perhaps it would be just as well to be independent of anyone and just experiment with it. Lo and behold, by end of day yesterday I got a message from one of my colleagues who was interested in splitting the cost and driving. Sure, I will have to drive to DeWinton but hey, that is all highway driving and if I just go slow and easy, things should be fine.


The 411 for me – try not to see everything so black and white. It’s a real failing of mine. When it comes to most subjects I can be fairly balanced in my thinking but on certain subjects I am really stuck with my opinions. And in particular, when it comes to my work day versus my home time, I am extremely predictable and inflexible. That must change. If I keep doing the chuggalugg things that I have always done I really will have no life! Cut loose, Sanne. Kick up your heels and live a little!


All this for just changing my hours slightly, for driving a different route. Isn’t it sad? I`m guessing there is a little HDAD in my system!


And one more thing . . . looks like we got less than 20 cms – perhaps 10.



No comments:

Post a Comment