Monday, April 25, 2011

Writer`s Workshop

This weekend I will be attending my first writer’s workshop ever. I’m excited but also nervous as I have no idea what will be involved nor do I have the slightest idea for writing anything. I shouldn’t be nervous though as I seem to come up with something on a daily basis even if it is rather dull.

I’ve wanted to be a writer since I was about 13 years old. For many years not only did I write a journal but I scribbled stories like there was no tomorrow. Then life got in the way, responsibilities and disillusionment and the writing dwindled to occasional journal entries and letter writing. Stories disappeared from my life. Then along came my fifties and I seemed to get my mojo back, but only in drips and dabs (evidenced here in the blog no doubt). But the big story has yet to come to me.


Nevertheless I am looking forward to a getaway in the mountains and being around other writers. I am sure it is going to be an interesting experience. I’m collecting my netbook, notebooks, dictionaries and pencils. I’m going to be so prepared that I will go to the top of the class. Oh my but I am an apple polisher!


I’m joking of course. In my mind I’ve collected everything but in this scattered world of mine that’s about the length of it. I haven’t even packed yet. Silvia and I talked about this disorganized method we have fallen in to. Silvia thinks its ADHD but I think it is simply menopause. There is some kind of hormone that has disappeared from us – called Concentration. What I don’t understand is that I can function perfectly well at work, why can’t I at home? Is it because there are so many rooms and so much junk spread about? I honestly believe that paper breeds. John tells me I have to go minimalist but that word scares me. I don’t want to be a barebones kind of girl.


I think a housekeeper may be the solution. But that’s another story.




Jessie Wilcox Smith again











No comments:

Post a Comment