Friday, April 22, 2011

Good Friday 2011



It’s nippy outside and looking a little grey this early in the morning but we are told by our beloved David Spence (the weatherman that I divorce every second day) that it will be “a pleasant weekend” so I’m putting my faith in him and therefore not turning on the heater in the sunroom. My best friend Silvia is coming for a long awaited visit to the completed sunroom so I want everything to be perfect. Unfortunately Erik has to work today so he cannot help with the housekeeping but he did make some efforts before he left this morning so that was nice of him!


What I find amazing is how quickly a house can get unkempt. It seems like I’ve been cleaning thoroughly every week but somehow it always looks like a disaster. John keeps telling me I have to minimize but the word is abhorrent to me. I love my “things”. I love my little ornaments and my pictures. I like to have books and magazines on the table for my guests (and for me) to look at. A girl needs tissue paper around her, doesn’t she?


Ah yes, here I go with the excuses. I hope you know that I am laughing at myself as I write this. As I’ve written before, I am the original Material Girl. I just cannot help myself. And when I see something adorable I have to tell you, I will often just leave it in the store, but then there is so much that is adorable that some of it just HAS to come home with me. A couple of weeks I came home with something and gave it as a gift to my mother and John and Mom both asked, “where’s the other one?” and I looked at them questioningly “what other one?” “You know, you always buy two.” Then I started to laugh and was happy to report that THIS time there was only ONE. But it’s true, alot of times I will buy 2 because I want one for me but then I think it is kind of me to buy another one for a friend. They think I am weird. Why? Isn’t that being generous? They tell me I don’t need one.


I don’t know who woke up and made John and Mom the arbiter of all things Sanne?


Well, I did buy 2 things for Silvia and I. I got 2 darling Thomas Kindle pictures, all framed and with a little plaque with a description of the scene. I bought one for me and the price was so great (my favourite frame shop had 40% off EVERYTHING) that I thought “this would make a great gift for Silvia’s birthday” – now what is wrong with that? Hmmmm? I could have been selfish and just bought for myself.


The kits are out having their frolick so I better brush my teeth and get hussling. Daylights burning!


To all my friends, have a lovely Good Friday. And do take some time to remember what today signifies in our Christian world.

No comments:

Post a Comment