Friday, April 29, 2011

Catherine and William, Married at Last


Even though I have not been following all of the hoopla about the Royal Wedding I was up at my regular time of 4 a.m. and managed to see the “show” right from Kate walking down the aisle and even as I write they are saying the prayers over the couple. Neither stumbled over their vows (I still remember how Diane mangled Charles’ name) and I liked the Address which was warm and personal. I’m wondering when the Queen will crack a smile, she always looks so grim in public.


I thought Kate looked rather haggard and they say she has lost a lot of weight leading up to the wedding. And William looked as though he had put some on. But you could see them glancing at each other and smiling at each other which seems to show that they are happy. They looked a bit nervous I thought and yet comfortable with each other. Kate’s family looks very attractive.


There were an awful lot of hats in that room. I was tempted to go put on my NYC hat with feathers (Jane, do you still have yours?) They are just going in to sign the register now and the announcer is saying “there were lovely little moments” which escaped my attention I suppose. It was nice but I didn’t see any personal moments at all. No one looked or winked or smiled or anything. Kate patted her father, was that a moment? Media try to make something of nothings. It was nice but nothing to make all this hoopla about.


I’m afraid I am rather disillusioned by the royals. The horrid farce of Diane’s marriage to Charles put the knock on that for me (and others I’m sure). Past behaviours are not forgotten by this elephant. I have high standards and expectations of those I wish to put on a pedestal and I’m afraid there are very few left standing. I’d have to say my mother is one of them.


And now I am going to bed to read. Or will I watch them march back down the aisle. To bed, as I’m sure I will see the reruns all day long!


But I do wish them all the happiness in the world, and hope that they can make a success of their marriage. It will certainly be good for them and for their family! All the best Duke & Duchess of Cambridge.





No comments:

Post a Comment